- The club will be called Plymstock Road Runners.
- The club is open to all. Senior membership is available to anyone 16-yearsor over. A candidate for senior membership must apply in writing on forms provided for the purpose. Any person aged 16 or 17 years must also have parental/guardian consent. Junior membership is available to anyone aged 8 to 15 years who must have parental/guardian consent, whose presence will also be required during club meetings of any kind, as the junior member in question will remain their sole responsibility at all times. A candidate for junior membership must apply in writing on forms provided for the purpose.
- Membership of the club is confined to Amateurs as defined in the UK Athletics rules for competition.
- Membership of the Club implies the undertaking to comply with and abide by the Constitution and Rules of the Club and the UK Athletics Rules for Competition.
- The affairs of the Club will be managed by a committee consisting of the Officers and elected members, all to be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
- The Officers will consist of a Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer, to be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
- All Officers are eligible for re-election each year. Candidates for election shall be proposed by one member and seconded by another, the proposition being put two weeks prior to the Annual General Meeting.
- The committee shall be the sole authority for the interpretation of any rules and regulations and their decision upon interpretation shall be final and binding upon the members.
- Weekly and Annual subscription rates for the following year are set at the Annual General Meeting. The annual subscription being payable on election and subsequently on the 1st of March of each year.
- In the event of the dissolution of the Club, or if the Club ceases to meet for any reason, the Clubs assets and records will be handed over to the existing committee and an Extraordinary General Meeting will be called, to decide on their disposal.
- The Secretary will keep minutes of all meetings and conduct the correspondence of the Club. The Treasurer shall collect all subscriptions and moneys due after authorisation by the committee. At the close of each year, a balance sheet shall be drawn up by the Treasurer and presented at the Annual General Meeting.
- No alteration of, or addition to the Constitution and Rules shall be made except at the Annual General Meeting.
- A member may be expelled or asked to withdraw from the club at the decision of the committee, if they feel the member has discredited the club in any way.
- All members partaking in running do so entirely at their own risk. Plymstock Road Runners will not be liable for loss, damage, illness, or injury whatsoever directly or indirectly occasioned by or resulting from the negligence, wrongful act or default of its officials or committee or from any other cause including acts of God or the members physical condition.
- The club colours will be Royal Blue and White.
- If a race is entered in the Plymstock Road Runners name, club kit must be worn.
- To be eligible for the club London Marathon place runners should have:
a. applied for a place in the ballot and been rejected;
b. been a fully paid up annual club and England Athletics member from 1st March in the year of the draw (payment of club fees must be complete by 31st March);
c. attended at least 10 Thursday sessions or otherwise be actively engaged in supporting
the club from 1st March of that year;
d. not received a club London Marathon place in the previous 3 years (Once a place has
been received you are not eligible to enter the draw for the next 3 years);
e. barring injury, the recipient of the Club London Marathon place must have full intention
of competing in the London Marathon for which the place has been given;
f. the Club London Marathon place cannot be transferred;
g. decisions are subject to Club committee approval, and the Club committee’s decision is final;
h. an eligibility criteria document will be posted in the club two weeks prior to the draw.